Ultimate Fighting Association

Lytle to Retire After UFC on Versus 5 Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Lytle to Retire After UFC on Versus 5 Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Lytle to Retire After UFC on Versus 5

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Lytle to Retire After UFC on Versus 5 Empty Lytle to Retire After UFC on Versus 5

Post by Dist205 Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Long time UFC veteran Chris “Lights Out” Lytle has announced his intent to retire following tonight’s bout with Dan Hardy. NBC Sports first reported the news.

Lytle had this to say about his decision to retire:

I’ve been fighting since ’98, fighting forever, a lot of it is just that I’m not doing my responsibilities like I need to at home. I feel like I’m not being the type of dad I want to. I got four kids and lots of times I feel just an immense sense of guilt for not being there in times when I should.

I just feel like I have a lot of things in my head that I feel guilty about,” he said. “I have a great time fighting, and I love fighting — I want to do it all the time — but I think that sometimes it’s time for me to not think about what I want and start thinking about what’s best for other people.”

Lytle informed the UFC earlier this week of intent to retire and thanked the organization for the opportunities they gave him. While there has been some talk of a political future for Lytle, Lytle indicated that his retirement from MMA had nothing to do with his political aspirations.

A fan favorite, Lytle has made the most of the opportunities given to him through hard work. After a few tough runs in the UFC, Lytle returned to the promotion for “The Ultimate Fighter 4: The Comeback,” where he earned a slot in the finals opposite Matt Serra. After that fight, Lytle would go on to have an entertaining run in the UFC that netted him five “Fight of the Night” awards, two “Submission of the Night” awards, and one “Knockout of the Night” award.

Regardless of the outcome for the “UFC on Versus 5″ main event, Lytle will always be remembered for being an exciting fighter and most of all a class act.

RajisBoss123
    RajisBoss123
    UFA Master Orange Belt
    UFA Master Orange Belt

Cash $ : 2595

Lytle to Retire After UFC on Versus 5 Empty Re: Lytle to Retire After UFC on Versus 5

Post by RajisBoss123 Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:04 pm

i think its time in the weigh in video when hardy didnt make weight the first time he said it doesnt matter this is my last one .. he had a great career i give all my respect to the guy , he was never a champion but hes one of the few guys that deserved to be one

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:41 pm