Ultimate Fighting Association

Fedor Set to Retire After June 21 bout with Pedro Rizzo Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fedor Set to Retire After June 21 bout with Pedro Rizzo Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Fedor Set to Retire After June 21 bout with Pedro Rizzo

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Fedor Set to Retire After June 21 bout with Pedro Rizzo Empty Fedor Set to Retire After June 21 bout with Pedro Rizzo

Post by Dist205 Sat May 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Fedor Emelianenko has decided to hang it up after an illustrious thirteen-year career in MMA. MMAFighting reports the Russian fighter’s June 21 bout with Pedro Rizzo will be his last.

In an interview translated by Ukranian MMA journalist Artem Yalansky, Fedor states:

“My previous fight was in Moscow and my last fight will be in St. Petersburg on June 21st,” Emelianenko says. “It will be the last fight in my career.”

“Is this your final decision?” the interviewer asks.

“Yes,” Emelianenko says, “I think it’s time to end my career.”

Fedor has officially stated he is retiring to spend more time with his family but the 35-year-old fighter has also alluded to lingering injury issues after his last several fights.

Fedor has wrestled with the choice to retire for several years now, mentioning that he began thinking of retirement prior to his first loss in ten years to Fabricio Werdum.

The humble Ukrainian-born fighter was one of the most controversial fighters in MMA history due to his rabid fanbase and detractors. What cannot be argued is that Emelianenko is one of the most decorated heavyweights in MMA history and that his ten year unbeaten streak is one of the longest in MMA history. A fact made even more impressive since he fought at heavyweight.

While his detractors harp on matchmaking and his confrontational management team, and many of his fans lived in the past, it cannot be denied that Fedor was one of the best heavyweight fighters in history. Fedor was a PRIDE and RINGS tournament champion, in addition to being a three-time SAMBO World Champion, and two third place finishes in Judo.

Fedor’s career began nearly 12 years ago on May 21, 2000 in Yekaterinburg, Russia and it will end June 21 in St. Petersburg.

XROCKLOBSTERX
    XROCKLOBSTERX
    UFA Purple Belt
    UFA Purple Belt

Cash $ : 1615

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Fedor Set to Retire After June 21 bout with Pedro Rizzo Empty Re: Fedor Set to Retire After June 21 bout with Pedro Rizzo

Post by XROCKLOBSTERX Sun May 20, 2012 5:26 am

:(
    Vito
    Vito
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 3361

Extended Profile
    UFA Record: 10-11

Fedor Set to Retire After June 21 bout with Pedro Rizzo Empty Re: Fedor Set to Retire After June 21 bout with Pedro Rizzo

Post by Vito Sun May 20, 2012 3:55 pm

"The humble Ukrainian-born fighter ... one of the best heavyweight fighters in history"

Heart of a Lion

fedor emelianenko vs kevin randleman
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Dist205 Mon May 21, 2012 2:28 am

nice vid bro, its fujita not randleman.

i never seen fedor wobble like that, helleva come back!!
    WSJN22
    WSJN22
    UFA Orange Belt
    UFA Orange Belt

Cash $ : 2842

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by WSJN22 Mon May 21, 2012 2:36 am

damn remember when randleman slammed the shit out of him good times lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:58 pm