Ultimate Fighting Association

King Mo Lawal Suspended for 9 Months Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

King Mo Lawal Suspended for 9 Months Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King Mo Lawal Suspended for 9 Months

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

King Mo Lawal Suspended for 9 Months Empty King Mo Lawal Suspended for 9 Months

Post by Dist205 Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:57 am

Months after news broke that Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal failed a post-fight drug test after his win against Lorenz Larkin at Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine in January, the Nevada Athletic Commission has now made its ruling on the matter, with Lawal being suspended for 9 months, along with a $39,000 fine, and his win over Larkin being overturned to a no-contest.

Lawal (now 8-1-1NC) tested positive for the steroid Drostanolone, which is commonly used by bodybuilders for cutting weight. Lawal denied knowingly taking the drug, stating that a nutritional supplement he took, S-Mass Lean Gainer by Rock Solid, must have contained the drug. Lawal stated that he used the supplement nearly a year prior to the failed test, specifically in April of 2010.

Even though he denies knowingly taking the drug, Lawal made it clear he understood if he were to be punished, stating “Whatever punishment you all took for me, I’m a man, and I’ll take it like a man”.

That punishment is similar to other suspensions and fines handed out by the commission in the past. The $39,000 fine comes as a result of Lawal’s $15,000 win bonus being revoked, along with 30% of his fight purse, which was $24,000.

After Lawal’s suspension ends in September, he can then submit a drug test to the athletic commission to re-apply for a fighter’s license. That drug test will be mandatory prior to fighting again in Nevada if he is to ever compete in the state again.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:45 am