Ultimate Fighting Association

diaz suspended for marijuana  Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

diaz suspended for marijuana  Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

diaz suspended for marijuana

Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Cash $ : 1879

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

diaz suspended for marijuana  Empty diaz suspended for marijuana

Post by Messiah2dgod Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:26 pm

For the past two days the entire MMA world has been running around in circles trying to get a handle on the Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit rematch situation.

UFC president Dana White came out and said the deal is done and will be finalized on Friday, only to be debunked by Cesar Gracie later the same day. However, as time went on Cesar and team withdrew their initial statement and opened the door to the possibility of a rematch.

Late last night, (3 a.m. to be exact) I was tipped off by Cesar Gracie that there was a temporary issue that will keep Nick out of action. Now that the NSAC has released their version of events and I can now publicly divulge the details.

After his loss to Carlos Condit at UFC 143 this past weekend Nick Diaz was required to submit to a post-fight drug screening. This is common practice for the State of Nevada when fighters compete in the evening’s main event.

In the days after the post-fight drug screening it was learned that Nick Diaz was found to have marijuana in his system and will subsequently get his license to fight suspended.

Marijuana is a banned substance in all Athletic jurisdictions. This is not Nicks’ fist infraction for Marijuana use, he failed a post-fight drug screening back in 2007 after he faced and beat Takanori Gomi in Las Vegas.

In this instance it would appear that history has indeed repeated itself and the Stockton native will need to prove rehabilitation to the commission after serving his suspension if he wants to try and regain his license for future events inside the state of Nevada.

While Nick Diaz proclaimed his desire to retire after his decision loss to Carlos Condit last weekend, the possibility of a rematch with the current interim title holder put him back in fight mode. Now, the consequences of his actions are biting him back as he will no longer be able to partake in one of the biggest rematches in UFC history.

If Diaz where to have been victorious over Condit in a rematch he would have been able to settle his grudge with champion Georges St. Pierre in what would have been one of the biggest fights in UFC history.

In the end, Nick Diaz not only loses the chance to prove he is better than Carlos Condit, but he also lost the chance to earn a UFC title, compete against GSP and earn millions of dollars in the process.

The fans also lose as well because after several years of anticipation the Diaz vs. GSP fight is now further away from happening than ever before.

When it is all said and done Diaz likely faces a 12 month suspension, a fine of his fight purse and will have to reapply for his license with the state once his suspension is up.

For a fighter who admittedly uses marijuana and is stubborn, controversial and just down right set in his ways, this may indeed be the straw that breaks the camel’s back and as such I wouldn’t be surprised if his retirement sticks. Either because he does not want to rehabilitate and refuses to cooperate with the re-licensing procedures of Nevada or he just plain doesn’t care to fight anymore.

Either way, in the end more than Diaz, it’s the sport and the fans that are the biggest losers in this recent string of events.
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

diaz suspended for marijuana  Empty Re: diaz suspended for marijuana

Post by Dist205 Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Wow, this is sucky news!!
    darkstar07x
    darkstar07x
    UFA Brown Belt
    UFA Brown Belt

Cash $ : 1006

Post by darkstar07x Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:25 pm

good diaz didnt deserve a rematch anyway
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Messiah2dgod Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:30 pm

ya he did that fight was 3-2 and it could have gone either way this is how i saw it after watching it again i changed my views to the first and second for diaz and the last three for condit now u could see it the last round for diaz for the min he was on his back i wanted to see again and im sure allot of people do but this was a bad choice he knew he was gonna get caught he should stop smoking at least 4 months outa a fight
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Dist205 Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:39 am

Rogan said he changed his mind after watching fight again. He thought Diaz won the fight after watching it again. He gave Diaz 1,2, and 5. The funny thing is people r giving Carlos the last round and u cant give him the last for the simple fact Diaz scored the only td in that rd and he took Carlos's back and tried to finish the fight. Arguably his best rd of the fight!!

I personally had Diaz winning 1,2, and 5. Dana said he had it 3,4, and 5 for Condit. As u can see nobody really has a sense on who's winning these type of close fights. So basicly this was a 4 rd fight cuz Diaz won the 5th hands down. So people need to go back to the tapes and really see how Carlos won the first 3 outta 4 rds. I love Carlos to death, 1 of my favorite fighters of all time, but.... i cant give him 3 outta the 1st 4 rds. Cant do it sigh
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Messiah2dgod Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:39 am

u can give carlos that round we always talk about fighters who take someone down and do nothing with it diaz got him down but did nothing land no shots and didnt come close to any subs and he only had it for a minute, on the other hand carlos was winning the stand up for 4 minutes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 am