Ultimate Fighting Association

Mark Munoz says Chael Sonnen cheated   Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mark Munoz says Chael Sonnen cheated   Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Munoz says Chael Sonnen cheated

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Mark Munoz says Chael Sonnen cheated   Empty Mark Munoz says Chael Sonnen cheated

Post by Dist205 Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:07 am

Top Middleweight contender Mark Munoz recounts a "wrestling duel" against Chael Sonnen during his years at Oklahoma State University. According to Munoz, Sonnen attempted to turn the match in his favor by utilizing illegal holds, but was still defeated "pretty handily" by "The Filipino Wrecking Machine."

In the time since this interview was conducted, Munoz went on to defeat Chris Leben at UFC 138, extending his winning streak to four consecutive fights. While the promotion has yet to confirm the bout, Munoz vs. Sonnen will reportedly headline the upcoming UFC on Fox 2 card, with the winner emerging as the division's new number-one contender. Photo: Francis Specker

Mark Munoz

"(Chael Sonnen and I) competed in college together. He wrestled at Oregon; I wrestled at Oklahoma State. We end up dueling, which is just a one-team duel, a one-team competition between two schools. So, I end up matching up with him at 184 pounds. We end up going at it and I end up beating him pretty handily. But, in that fight, he tried to submit me in a kneebar and then changed it into a heel hook. Not a legal move in wrestling. He tried doing that to me, and I felt my ankle pop and was like 'aaaahhh,' and I knew that he did it so that he could try to come back. I was actually beating him pretty handily and got upset during that match and was just ruthless in that fight afterwards."

http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/video?PID=pKCZiABXBCPzDNPSStg63d0rlM7IHRfQ

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:34 am