Ultimate Fighting Association

Nick Diaz camp calls for BJ Penn to accept 5 round bout Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Nick Diaz camp calls for BJ Penn to accept 5 round bout Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Nick Diaz camp calls for BJ Penn to accept 5 round bout

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Nick Diaz camp calls for BJ Penn to accept 5 round bout Empty Nick Diaz camp calls for BJ Penn to accept 5 round bout

Post by Dist205 Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:02 am

As a result of Georges St-Pierre suffering a knee injury while training for his UFC 137 title defense against Carlos Condit, the bout between Nick Diaz and BJ Penn has been moved to main event status. The fight, according to UFC President Dana White, will remain be three rounds.

Despite the fact that the fight is less than two weeks away, Diaz’s manager, Cesar Gracie is not happy with the fight only being three rounds. Gracie would very much like to see Penn accept a five round fight with Diaz.

“These guys have to prove they are ready. These guys are fighters. BJ has always said he's a warrior. ... The old school days of MMA back when it was NHB, they fought forever. Don't be scared, homie. Let's make it five rounds."
    JahJah2010
    JahJah2010
    UFA Purple Belt 3stripes
    UFA Purple Belt 3stripes

Cash $ : 836

Extended Profile
    UFA Record: 8-10
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record: 325-49

Nick Diaz camp calls for BJ Penn to accept 5 round bout Empty Re: Nick Diaz camp calls for BJ Penn to accept 5 round bout

Post by JahJah2010 Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:29 pm

i agree, im goin into this fight for nate diaz i think hes a great fighter and has shown alot these last 3 fights, his last fight was domination in denver.. cant remember the old pride fighters name but nick went against him a won by decision a long time ago. but this wil be a great fight and i agree on the five rounds these fighter are both stamina ready dont see that bein the issue i think BJ is just worried the longer the fight are the chance of diaz gettin a submission. BJ is the first 3 rounds kinda guy anymore than that hes is exausted and dosnt have the hand power. good topic though !
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Cash $ : 1879

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Nick Diaz camp calls for BJ Penn to accept 5 round bout Empty Re: Nick Diaz camp calls for BJ Penn to accept 5 round bout

Post by Messiah2dgod Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:10 pm

its not up to penn though i love when these guys make these statements and have no clue, its up to the commission they allowed the first five round non title to be leben vs munoz but i dont know if they will let this one be

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:24 am