Ultimate Fighting Association

Paul Taylor Out, Charles Oliveira In Against Donald Cerrone at UFC on Versus 5 Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paul Taylor Out, Charles Oliveira In Against Donald Cerrone at UFC on Versus 5 Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Paul Taylor Out, Charles Oliveira In Against Donald Cerrone at UFC on Versus 5

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Paul Taylor Out, Charles Oliveira In Against Donald Cerrone at UFC on Versus 5 Empty Paul Taylor Out, Charles Oliveira In Against Donald Cerrone at UFC on Versus 5

Post by Dist205 Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:34 pm

The UFC on Versus 5 merry-go-round continues to spin as Charles “Do Bronx” Oliveira (14-1, 1 NC) has been tapped to replace Paul Taylor against Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone (15-3) at the August 14 event in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Cerrone recently replaced Taylor’s original opponent, John Makdessi, while Oliveira was rumored to face Joe Lauzon in November. The UFC announced the bout via Twitter.

Oliveira last saw action at UFC on Versus 4 against Nik Lentz, originally winning by second round submission. The result was changed to a no contest after the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission ruled that Oliveira hit Lentz with an illegal knee when he was on the ground. The 21 year old Oliveira opened his UFC career with wins over Darren Elkins and Efrain Escudero before being submitted by Jim Miller at UFC 124.

Cerrone is undefeated in the Octagon this year with wins over Paul Kelly and Vagner Rocha. The Greg Jackson-trained Cerrone is best known for his wars in the WEC with Jamie Varner and Ben Henderson.

UFC on Versus 5 is headlined by a welterweight battle between Chris Lytle and Dan Hardy, as well as a clash between top lightweight contenders Ben Henderson and Jim Miller. The event, which takes place in the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, will be the first the UFC has held in the state of Wisconsin.
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Paul Taylor Out, Charles Oliveira In Against Donald Cerrone at UFC on Versus 5 Empty Re: Paul Taylor Out, Charles Oliveira In Against Donald Cerrone at UFC on Versus 5

Post by Dist205 Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:38 pm

This is a tasty fight right here. I like both guys so i cant really call it. There both so talented. unanimous draw smile
    RajisBoss123
    RajisBoss123
    UFA Master Orange Belt
    UFA Master Orange Belt

Cash $ : 2595

Paul Taylor Out, Charles Oliveira In Against Donald Cerrone at UFC on Versus 5 Empty Re: Paul Taylor Out, Charles Oliveira In Against Donald Cerrone at UFC on Versus 5

Post by RajisBoss123 Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:41 pm

im taking olivera idk tough fight didnt like cerrone in wec but he impressed me with the paul kelly fight but and despite his lackluster performance with the rocha guy i was still impressed ..
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Dist205 Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:50 pm

yea this is tough. i cant recall if charles shoots sometimes on his opponents, but i know cerrone will do it ocasionally. this might be the difference in the fight. everything else seems to cancel itself out. cerrone can also open up a little more in this fight. they both can submit each other.

this will be an excellent fight smile
    RajisBoss123
    RajisBoss123
    UFA Master Orange Belt
    UFA Master Orange Belt

Cash $ : 2595

Post by RajisBoss123 Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:45 pm

Im gunna take olivera 3rd round submission

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:44 am