Ultimate Fighting Association

Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated) - Page 2 Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated) - Page 2 Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
RajisBoss123
Messiah2dgod
Lucas-JiuJitsu
Dist205
8 posters

Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated)

Poll

Who Wins

[ 2 ]
    Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated) - Page 2 Bar_left50%Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated) - Page 2 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated) - Page 2 Bar_left50%Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated) - Page 2 Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Poll closed
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated) - Page 2 Empty Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated)

Post by Dist205 Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

They are two of the greatest fighters of all time, and they fight under the same promotional banner, yet we rarely hear the names of Dan Henderson and Fedor Emelianenko paired together for a potential superfight. Well, I'm here to start the push. Henderson vs. Emelianenko is a fight Strikeforce should seriously consider as the next one for the legends of the sport.

The historical significance of a Henderson-Emelianenko bout is an easy sell for Strikeforce. These are two legends, one a multi-time, multi-division champion, the other the greatest heavyweight of all time. Such a matchup should draw big money to the box office and big interest from the fans, as the pair are probably the most recognizable names on the Strikeforce roster. Put the two together and Strikeforce has its first legit, mainstream superfight.

Full article at http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/06/strikeforce-should-consider-henderson-vs-emelianenko-superfight/
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update

Who's next on his list? Henderson today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that a fight with the winner of Gegard Mousasi vs. Mike Kyle is logical. But the new champ said he's also open to a future meeting with his favorite fighter, Fedor Emelianenko.

"Obviously, he's still one of the top guys out there in the world, and it would be a huge challenge," Henderson said. "It would interest me to go up."

The superfight popped onto the radar almost immediately after Henderson (27-8 MMA, 2-1 SF) demolished Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante with a flurry of punches this past Saturday at "Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson" to become the promotion's new light heavyweight champion.

Last edited by Dist205 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gray_Fox054
    Gray_Fox054
    UFA Green Belt 3stripes
    UFA Green Belt 3stripes

Cash $ : 1000

Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated) - Page 2 Empty Re: Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated)

Post by Gray_Fox054 Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:25 pm

[quote="Lucas-JiuJitsu"]
    Gray_Fox054 wrote:
    Lucas-JiuJitsu wrote:they say , to be a legend you gotta beat a legend wich LEGENDS did hendo beat ? big nog the only on i think and he got the revange

Nobody calls Trevor Berbick a legend after beating mohammed Ali

its a mix of beating good people and winning titles hendo won a lot of titles but just won over "mediocre" guys[/quote

You say to be a legend you must beat legend, reeves Berbick beat Ali but is not considered a legend. Mediocre? At the time they were the best in mma. Many people say Tyson beat cans but he is a legend of boxing
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Cash $ : 1879

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated) - Page 2 Empty Re: Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated)

Post by Messiah2dgod Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:27 pm

thank u nissia, lucas is being brazilian nutthugger again he prbly thinks little nog is a legend, fedor is ok he has a boxing career imo, now what i mean by that he fought allot of what i call of trash can fights where there nobodys, now hendo fought in ufc won a mw title/tourny back in the 90's won a pride championship, no is a sf champion, fedor will not beat overeem if they ever meet, he could not beat any of the ufc top contenders, imgaine if brock got fedor on his back, he has a punchers chance but that chance is small cause i dont fedor can stop a brocks tds at all but back to the point HENDO IS A LEGEND U ASK ANYBODY THAT KNOWS ANYTHING BOUT MMA WILL TELL U THIS
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes

Post by Lucas-JiuJitsu Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:27 pm

you are the one who doesnt get it dude every fighter loses its doesnt make him not be a legend but its fcking funny getting a guy who lost to shields fiht fedor 2 fights later and being a legend is mix up of getting titles and beating good people hendo just has titles , i dont consider he as a legend at all period
    Gray_Fox054
    Gray_Fox054
    UFA Green Belt 3stripes
    UFA Green Belt 3stripes

Post by Gray_Fox054 Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:28 pm

My posts are bit retarded due to iPod, pls forgive lol
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes

Post by Lucas-JiuJitsu Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:30 pm

sabby_92 wrote:thank u nissia, lucas is being brazilian nutthugger again he prbly thinks little nog is a legend, fedor is ok he has a boxing career imo, now what i mean by that he fought allot of what i call of trash can fights where there nobodys, now hendo fought in ufc won a mw title/tourny back in the 90's won a pride championship, no is a sf champion, fedor will not beat overeem if they ever meet, he could not beat any of the ufc top contenders, imgaine if brock got fedor on his back, he has a punchers chance but that chance is small cause i dont fedor can stop a brocks tds at all but back to the point HENDO IS A LEGEND U ASK ANYBODY THAT KNOWS ANYTHING BOUT MMA WILL TELL U THIS

stfu just cuse you stay the whole day in that bj site doesnt mean you know about mma lol stop nuthugging hendo , and do you know anyone who loves his country ? no , so hi nice to meet you i love brazil and ill stick with my opinion forever you americans want the credit for everything
    Nissai_99
    Nissai_99
    UFA Yellow Belt
    UFA Yellow Belt

Post by Nissai_99 Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:32 pm

sabby_92 wrote:thank u nissia, lucas is being brazilian nutthugger again he prbly thinks little nog is a legend, fedor is ok he has a boxing career imo, now what i mean by that he fought allot of what i call of trash can fights where there nobodys, now hendo fought in ufc won a mw title/tourny back in the 90's won a pride championship, no is a sf champion, fedor will not beat overeem if they ever meet, he could not beat any of the ufc top contenders, imgaine if brock got fedor on his back, he has a punchers chance but that chance is small cause i dont fedor can stop a brocks tds at all but back to the point HENDO IS A LEGEND U ASK ANYBODY THAT KNOWS ANYTHING BOUT MMA WILL TELL U THIS
    The smallest piece of info that Lucas forgets is... Hendo is almost 7 years older than Fedor and still manages to win titles and stay in top notch competition... lets see where Fedor will be a year or two from now... and ill say it again im not a Hendo fan and im probably one of the biggest Fedor nuthuggers out there... but saying Hendo isnt a legend is ridicilous, hes almost 41 years old, still bring it every fight, still drop weight, still winning titles and knocking guys out right and left, cut the shit out Lucas seriously. i asked you who did Fedor defeat besides Cro Cop and Nog to become a legend... cuz by what youre saying tons of the current legends in MMA and Boxing didnt defeated enough legends to be considered a legend themselves.

Lucas u said Randy is a legend and Hendo isnt... seriously? Randy has a record of 19-10 and he lost about 3-4 of his fights to total NOONES. Hendo has almost twice the record Randy has... so what makes Randy a legend? winning title in two classes? Hendo did that too...
    Mario
    Mario
    "The Next Big Thing"
    Strikeforce Should Consider Henderson vs. Emelianenko Superfight (Updated) - Page 2 110

Post by Mario Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Is this conversation really happening ?

Are we really talking about if a guy is a legend or not ? Is that it ?

/closed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:18 am