Ultimate Fighting Association

Fedor Emelianenko Scheduled to Return at July Strikeforce Event Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fedor Emelianenko Scheduled to Return at July Strikeforce Event Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Fedor Emelianenko Scheduled to Return at July Strikeforce Event

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Fedor Emelianenko Scheduled to Return at July Strikeforce Event Empty Fedor Emelianenko Scheduled to Return at July Strikeforce Event

Post by Dist205 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:11 pm

According to Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker, Emelianenko (31-3 MMA, 1-2 SF), will be returning to the now Zuffa-owned promotion at a yet-to-be-announced July event.

Coker announced the plans on the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” Radio Show on Wednesday. The Strikeforce CEO hinted that this is a do-or-die fight for the former PRIDE heavyweight champion.

“You gotta perform. I think he did a good job against Silva, and that worked out the way he did, but he’s still a competitive fighter that can compete at the highest level on any given Saturday night,” said Coker. “I think this next one’s gonna be very important. He’s gonna have to perform.”

Emelianenko’s storied career began in 2000. Up until a submission loss to Fabricio Werdum in June 2010, the Russian had never truly lost in 32 professional MMA bouts. The only loss on his record came by way of an early doctor’s stoppage. The loss to Antonio Silva most recently was Emelianenko’s second loss in two fights.

Between 2002 and 2006, Emelianenko amassed an impressive 14-0 record under the now defunct PRIDE Fighting Championship banner– with notable wins over Mirko Cro Cop, Mark Coleman, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (twice), and Kevin Randleman. It was during that time that many saw Emelianenko as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world and an unstoppable force.

It remains to be seen if the 34-year old can revitalize his career, regain his belt, and climb his way back up towards the top of the MMA rankings.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fedor had this to say at the premiere of "The Salamander Key" movie in Moscow, Russia:

"This Sunday I'll fly out to Holland to have a two-week training camp. Then, I'll return back home to Stariy Oskol to continue my preparations. I'm going to fight this summer. I still don't know who will be my opponent, but it's something currently in works. I didn't train abroad since 2005. We have a really good relationship with Muay Thai coaches in Holland, so I'm really looking forward to this training camp.

I would like to thank everyone for their support. But at the end it's God's will, and we have to accept it as it is. I will continue to compete, train hard and do everything in my power to get a victory. Reporter: You are not retiring? Fedor: No way."

Last edited by Dist205 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WarCraved1115
    WarCraved1115
    UFA Black Belt 1stripe
    UFA Black Belt 1stripe

Cash $ : 1000

Fedor Emelianenko Scheduled to Return at July Strikeforce Event Empty Re: Fedor Emelianenko Scheduled to Return at July Strikeforce Event

Post by WarCraved1115 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Does he have a scheduled opponent?
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Cash $ : 1879

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Fedor Emelianenko Scheduled to Return at July Strikeforce Event Empty Re: Fedor Emelianenko Scheduled to Return at July Strikeforce Event

Post by Messiah2dgod Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:37 pm

i dont wanna see it im sry everyone fedor cant fight top 10 guys anymore, he is gonna be come the cro cop of sf
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Dist205 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:57 pm

Nope not yet. He better be ready, this is do or die!!

We need to use r good vibes and energy to insure his next victory. If we dont we will never see him in the UFC. Dana is willing to put Brock vs Fedor together and other possible match ups. This merger is BIG for the HW division. And as u know, the american populous loves the big boys, the HW's.

Dana has a stranglehold on the game now. Fedor will have to fight for ufc or he will never fight in America again. Buying SF means if u want to make the biggest bucks, world fame, fight in the US, and the best competition, u have to go through Dana now. Theres no more callin Scott Coker.

So if u are a MMA fighter, u really dont have ANY leverage at the negotiation table. All the money is here in the US. The best and only decision is to fight for Dana. He eliminated all back up plans for B+ fighters and better. If ur not getting paid alot, then there will be promotions that fit ur need, but if ur raw, top 10, then its Dana or change ur WHOLE lifestyle. Babalu, Hendo, Fedor, N Diaz, and a few more high paid fighters had leverage. Its no more of that. U gotta fuck with Dana or take a MASSIVE pay cut and go work for Bellator, Bamma, or whoever. High priced fighters will have to fight in the ufc or retire!!
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Messiah2dgod Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:36 pm

I DONT WANNA SEE FEDOR VS BROCK, did anyone see silva vs fedor? silva got a easy td and stayed on top of him and finished him
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes

Post by Lucas-JiuJitsu Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:47 pm

give him schaub lol id loe to see fedor killing that mofo
    WarCraved1115
    WarCraved1115
    UFA Black Belt 1stripe
    UFA Black Belt 1stripe

Post by WarCraved1115 Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Lucas whats with you and Schaub all of a sudden? lol hes not that bad
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes

Post by Lucas-JiuJitsu Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:16 pm

but he cant beat fedor
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Messiah2dgod Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:30 pm

u dont know he take him down and hold him down for 3 rds he is bigger and stronger more athletic and more technical than fedor
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes

Post by Lucas-JiuJitsu Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:34 pm

now you think every single fight people will be albe to take fedr down and keep him there forever lolol
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Messiah2dgod Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:41 pm

no bigger stronger guys can dumbass, he has a weakness he is not a hw he is 230 its fat not muscle he should be down at 205, guys at 245-265 who r muscle can take down fedor and hold him down, fedor swings wildly with lots of power and can be taken down with ease if he misses a punch
    RajisBoss123
    RajisBoss123
    UFA Master Orange Belt
    UFA Master Orange Belt

Cash $ : 2595

Post by RajisBoss123 Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:49 pm

basically this is what it is fedor dominated top competition in pride and no one could figure him out .. but now look fighters have evolved since then alot we are starting to come into a era where there isnt going to be any more one dimensional fighters anymore

not saying he fought one dimensional but he hasnt evolved he has been doing the same shit his hole career you need to change in order to stay relevant

and thats true in every aspect in life .. music, movies anything including fighters
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Dist205 Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:14 pm

i think hes training in holland now. he needs to venture out to different camps and learn better techniques
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes

Post by Lucas-JiuJitsu Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:20 pm

yup agreed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:39 pm