Ultimate Fighting Association

Paul Daley Hopeful for return to UFC Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paul Daley Hopeful for return to UFC Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Daley Hopeful for return to UFC

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Paul Daley Hopeful for return to UFC Empty Paul Daley Hopeful for return to UFC

Post by Dist205 Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:08 am

The last time Paul Daley fought in the UFC was May 2010, facing Josh Koscheck at UFC 113. After the final horn had sounded, Daley approached Koscheck from behind, sucker punching him, subsequently drawing the ire of UFC President Dana White.

Following the fight, White, speaking of Daley said, “He's done. I don't give a [expletive] if he's the best 170-pounder in the world. He'll never come back here again. There's no excuse for that. These guys are professional athletes. You don't ever hit a guy blatantly after the bell like that, whether you're frustrated or not. It was probably one of the dumbest things I've ever seen because he is a talented guy, and he is one of the best 170-pounders in the world."

Despite those words, Daley who will meet Luigi Fioravanti on Saturday at Ringside MMA 12, holds out hope that he will one day be able to fight in the UFC. “I can be an asset to the UFC. There's a big opportunity for me to come back to the UFC, established fighters always find their way back. There's loads of interesting match-ups. There's the Nick Diaz rematch, which would be a nice opportunity if he lost to BJ Penn. There's Anthony Johnson, even though me and him get on well, then you've got Rory MacDonald, who's a good up-and-coming fighter. “ – for more visit ESPN

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:45 am