Ultimate Fighting Association

Rashad hears Jackson's statement and breaks down Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rashad hears Jackson's statement and breaks down Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Rashad hears Jackson's statement and breaks down

Gray_Fox054
    Gray_Fox054
    UFA Green Belt 3stripes
    UFA Green Belt 3stripes

Cash $ : 1000

Rashad hears Jackson's statement and breaks down Empty Rashad hears Jackson's statement and breaks down

Post by Gray_Fox054 Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:11 pm

Masakatsu Funaki Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/12/11 2:23 AM

I'm an avid listener of Pro MMA Radio and a recently converted Rashad Evans fan. So, of course, I was tuning in tonight when I saw that Evans would be on again.

Wow. It turned out to be impossible for me to listen to him and not feel something here. Rashad started the interview out with Larry Pepe on his "Suga and Pep" segment in really high spirits. Despite the things that have happened in the past, Rashad praised Jon Jones' performance against Rua, saying that he fought an unbelievable fight and also mentioned that he thought it was very cool that Jon had the balls to take out a criminal earlier in the day. He then commented glowingly on Jones' abilities. All in all, Rashad had only good things to say about Jon Jones, regardless of any beef they may have. Around this point, Rashad almost seemed like he might be willing to return to Jackson's or at least think about doing so in the future...he even referred to it as "our camp -- Jackson's".

Either last week or the week before, Larry had Greg Jackson on to talk about the Rashad/Jones situation. During that interview, Jackson made some very strong statements about Jon Jones entering the camp. He laid out, very explicitly, his version of what happened when Jon joined the team.

Rashad must not have listened to that interview until tonight.

Larry played a clip of the interview for Rashad and gave him some time to respond. You could tell Rashad was close to tears hearing what Jackson had said. A guy he worked with for all of those years. A man who he considered a brother.

When you hear this interview -- and you really have to hear it yourself, I'm not going to write this, it's freaking hard enough to listen to it and not feel visercally involved -- there's just no doubt who is being honest and who is being true. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Jackson didn't lie in the interview. But you can genuinely tell that Rashad's heart has just been ripped out of his chest. It's one of the most honest and sad things I've heard.

Rashad comes on at about 28:00 and you absolutely have to listen from that point until the end of the interview at a little past 1:00:00.

http://www.prommaradio.com/mma-player/player.html

http://cds026.dc1.hwcdn.net/t9f2y9d8/cds/private/pepe/Pepe041111.mp3

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Rashad hears Jackson's statement and breaks down Empty Re: Rashad hears Jackson's statement and breaks down

Post by Dist205 Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:04 pm

That was a great listen Gray. It was good to hear that King Mo thought it was a hoe move. King Mo is the shit.

Its also wild how this is the 1st time 2 black men will fight for the belt. I guess better late than never. Long overdue though.
    Gray_Fox054
    Gray_Fox054
    UFA Green Belt 3stripes
    UFA Green Belt 3stripes

Rashad hears Jackson's statement and breaks down Empty Re: Rashad hears Jackson's statement and breaks down

Post by Gray_Fox054 Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:26 pm

lol didnt realise that. oh found this later in the forum

drawp - (Yeah, I just noticed that fight day vlog from Dana has been removed. I definitely posted quite a few comments elsewhere noting the fakeness from Bones.. seems the UFC didn't want their posterboy to come off as fake.

For those who didn't see it, Jones basically sounded like Dana does, dropping F bombs almost every other word and everything, it certainly didn't fit with his MO of being a good religious boy. Hopefully someone saved a copy of it somewhere since it is gone from Youtube.)

RickMartelsArrogance - It's a bad act. I've seen him hitting on waitresses, and not just hey cutie, etc. but ass grabbing, asking if they know who he is, etc.

What gets me is all of the quasi-philosophical bullshit he sidesteps questions with when his facade is up. Just STFU and answer the god damn question you're asked instead of saying "I feel as if..." or "A great saying I heard was..." and then poorly rattling off a botched philosophical quote that usually doesn't even apply to the situation.

"Jon, what do you think of the 205lb division? Are there any challenges for you?"

"Well, I heard this great saying that said man who fish in other man's hole is likely to catch crabs
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Post by Dist205 Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Jon is turning into Dana's kid. His personality has changed tremdously. Somebody needs to sit him down and talk to him.
    Gray_Fox054
    Gray_Fox054
    UFA Green Belt 3stripes
    UFA Green Belt 3stripes

Post by Gray_Fox054 Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:07 pm

lmao at judas jones
    WarCraved1115
    WarCraved1115
    UFA Black Belt 1stripe
    UFA Black Belt 1stripe

Post by WarCraved1115 Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:14 pm

So is it seriously an act? LOL I gotta give him his props big smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:20 pm