Ultimate Fighting Association

Daniel Cormier hopes for Octagon debut vs Shane Carwin Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Daniel Cormier hopes for Octagon debut vs Shane Carwin Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Cormier hopes for Octagon debut vs Shane Carwin

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Daniel Cormier hopes for Octagon debut vs Shane Carwin Empty Daniel Cormier hopes for Octagon debut vs Shane Carwin

Post by Dist205 Wed May 23, 2012 1:43 am

Strikeforce Heavyweight tournament winner, Daniel Cormer, spoke about his plans for the future, revealing that he would like to make his Ultimate Championship Debut before the end of 2012. Cormier is currently recovering from a hand injury suffered during his fight with Josh Barnett last weekend, but is most likely to be fight-fit in 2012.

Daniel Cormier named one fighter he wants to meet inside the Octagon - former Interim UFC Heavyweight champion Shane Carwin, who's currently recovering from back surgery. "DC" declared he wants to fight a big-name fighter, with sights on getting himself in the mix for a shot at the UFC Heavyweight title (via MMAMania.com):

"I think if there is a plus one and Zuffa's going to send someone over it is going to have to be someone that is very good you know? Maybe Carwin, as he's coming back. He's a guy with a lot of name value and I don't necessarily know if that's a step up (from Josh Barnett) but that is somebody with name value. Or, if one of the guys loses from the card this weekend. But then it really limits because if Frank Mir loses I'm pretty sure he is not going to want to come to Strikeforce to fight me where if he loses he has everything to lose. When Cain beats Bigfoot Silva, what are they going to do, send him (Silva) back to Strikeforce to fight me again? Nothing really adds up right now, I don't know, I don't know how to guess what they are going to do.

There just is not that many step ups out there better than Josh Barnett. Especially that Josh Barnett. That Josh Barnett was 248 pounds, was in shape, was going hard, we had every intention on getting it down Saturday night, but that dude Saturday night came to fight. There are not too many guys that are a step up from that Josh Barnett that showed up on Saturday
    ."

Meanwhile, Shane Carwin appeared on Inside MMA, talking about his comeback plans, and the recovery process from the surgery he had earlier this year. Carwin jokingly referred to himself as "The Janitor", claiming that he's no longer "The Engineer" after losing many brain cells in his 7 of professional MMA competition. Shane Carwin is currently 12-2 in his MMA career, with two back-to-back losses against Brock Lesnar and Junior dos Santos.