Ultimate Fighting Association

Dana White reveals plans for "TUF: World Cup" Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dana White reveals plans for "TUF: World Cup" Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dana White reveals plans for "TUF: World Cup"

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Dana White reveals plans for "TUF: World Cup" Empty Dana White reveals plans for "TUF: World Cup"

Post by Dist205 Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:22 pm

"I just announced last week about The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil. The amount of talent that TUF: Brazil is going to create is going to be phenomenal. And as we continue to go into these different markets and do The Ultimate Fighter, it's going to get very interesting. I've said it many times and finally I feel like I'm on my way. My goal is to get TUF running in all of these different countries at the same time and then when you have a winner, we do like the World Cup, where each guy from each country fights each other and you end up with one winner. So, we're getting closer and closer to this dream I've had for the last five years."

It appears the "Mad Genius" is at it again.

Speaking at today's UFC on Fox Media Conference Call, UFC President Dana White revealed his grand plan for the promotion's hit reality series, The Ultimate Fighter. After recently announcing that Brazil would play host to the very first International edition of the show, White elaborated today, explaining that the country will be just one of several to get its very own version of TUF. Though it's not the first time that White has made such indications, he went on to reveal that each of the show's winners would then move on to participate in a "TUF: World Cup," which would eventually crown one global Champion.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:44 pm