Ultimate Fighting Association

Tyron Woodley says he's above Paul Daley, plans to slam him on his "nugget" this Saturday Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Tyron Woodley says he's above Paul Daley, plans to slam him on his "nugget" this Saturday Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Tyron Woodley says he's above Paul Daley, plans to slam him on his "nugget" this Saturday

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Tyron Woodley says he's above Paul Daley, plans to slam him on his "nugget" this Saturday Empty Tyron Woodley says he's above Paul Daley, plans to slam him on his "nugget" this Saturday

Post by Dist205 Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:50 pm

Undefeated Welterweight contender Tyron Woodley, who will square off with Paul Daley on July 30th at Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson, discusses his opponent, as well as his training and preparation for the bout. Woodley admits that Daley can take a hard punch, but says he expects the Brit to have a hard time keeping him from "slamming him on his nugget."

Tyron Woodley:

"I've watched, pretty much, most of (Paul Daley's) fights because he's fought each guy differently. Guys that entertain the brawl and bang, he threw more combinations. Guys that were wrestlers, he was more tentative, throwing single punches and coming forward very cautiously. So, I just kind of watch when he opens up. He opens up on guys when they're clamming up or if they entertain the brawl, but guys that are moving up and down, he usually just throws single punches. I've been just game-planning off of that. Obviously, it benefits me to pick him up and slam him on his nugget, throw some elbows up side his head, but I don't have anything to prove. I don't have to prove that I'm a better striker. I just have to prove that I'm a better MMA fighter than he is, and I believe I am and I believe I get the victory... Yea, he can take a hard punch, but I think he's going to have one hell of a time trying to keep me from picking him up and slamming him."