Ultimate Fighting Association

Cro cop vs big country  Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cro cop vs big country  Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Cro cop vs big country

RajisBoss123
    RajisBoss123
    UFA Master Orange Belt
    UFA Master Orange Belt

Cash $ : 2595

Cro cop vs big country  Empty Cro cop vs big country

Post by RajisBoss123 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:02 pm

It could be a "loser leaves town" match.

On the heels of multiple setbacks, heavyweights Roy Nelson (15-6 MMA, 2-2 UFC) and Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (27-9-2 MMA, 3-3 UFC) are expected to fight at UFC 137, which takes place Oct. 29 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Filipovic today broke the news in an interview with Croatian sports show "Gol," and sources close to the event today confirmed the matchup with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Nelson is back in business after back-to-back losses against Junior Dos Santos at UFC 117 and former UFC heavyweight champ Frank Mir at UFC 130, the latter of which put his career in the big-man division in question. Appearing exhausted after the first round of the fight, which Mir took in a lopsided unanimous decision, Nelson was openly criticized by UFC president Dana White.

"I thought Roy looked terrible tonight," White told MMAjunkie.com following UFC 130. "I thought it was terrible. I thought it was embarrassing.

"I don't know (what Nelson's future holds). I have a meeting with him on Friday, and we'll see what happens."

White indicated that things had been smoothed over after the meeting. But Nelson's path was unknown until today.

Of course, Nelson contends that his exhaustion was the result of walking pneumonia he contracted in the buildup to UFC 130, and his loss to Dos Santos was directly attributable to a knee injury he suffered early in the fight.

Nevertheless, a win over Filipovic is critical. And so it is for "Cro Cop," who was knocked out cold a second consecutive time in his most recent appearance at UFC 128 against Brendan Schaub. Following that scary scene, which followed a last-second knockout against Frank Mir at UFC 119, White went as far as to say Filipovic's fighting career was done.

However, White softened that stance in recent interviews, stating that he owed the former PRIDE open-weight champion another fight on his current contract and that would fulfill the terms of the deal.

But without an impressive win, the fall fight is undoubtedly Filipovic's last time to shine.
    alex707perez
    alex707perez
    UFA Black Belt 3stripes
    UFA Black Belt 3stripes

Cash $ : 1153

Extended Profile
    UFA Record: 10-6
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Cro cop vs big country  Empty Re: Cro cop vs big country

Post by alex707perez Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Want Cro cop to win but I doubt he will

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:51 am