Ultimate Fighting Association

Ben Askren blasts Nate Marquardt: The worst thing about it is that he just keeps lying Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ben Askren blasts Nate Marquardt: The worst thing about it is that he just keeps lying Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben Askren blasts Nate Marquardt: The worst thing about it is that he just keeps lying

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Ben Askren blasts Nate Marquardt: The worst thing about it is that he just keeps lying Empty Ben Askren blasts Nate Marquardt: The worst thing about it is that he just keeps lying

Post by Dist205 Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 pm

"I think it’s pretty clear, he failed not one, but two tests. I think it becomes very, very clear when his coach Trevor Wittman is coming out and saying things that goes against what he’s doing. If your coach ain’t got your back, who’s got your back? I think it’s pretty clear to me as many excuses as he makes that he was cheating and this is not the first time he’s got caught. The worst thing about it is that he just keeps lying. Own up to it, be a man, take care of your responsibilities, you did wrong, you’ve got to admit to it.

Bring it,” Askren said to Marquardt. “I want to be the best in the world and the only way to be the best in the world is to fight the people that are the best. Nate Marquardt, come on.

He can’t beat wrestlers. He can’t beat a good wrestler. So I’ll take him down, I’ll wear him out, and hopefully for the fans around the world I will submit him so they don’t call me a blanket fighter.”

Bring it. I want to be the best in the world and the only way to be the best in the world is to fight the people that are the best. Nate Marquardt, come on. He can’t beat wrestlers. He can’t beat a good wrestler. So I’ll take him down, I’ll wear him out, and hopefully for the fans around the world I will submit him so they don’t call me a blanket fighter." - MMAWeekly.com

It's not the first time Bellator Welterweight Champion Ben Askren shares his thoughts about the Nate Marquardt Saga. Askren is 8-0 in his Mixed Martial Arts career, and will face the 2011 Tournament Winner Jay Hieron later this year. As for Nate Marquardt, it's still unclear what the future holds for "The Great". Bellator is the only top-tier MMA organization Marquardt can fight for, with Strikeforce going under the ZUFFA banner earlier this year.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:49 am