Ultimate Fighting Association

Rashad Evans on Jon Jones: "There's nothing wrong with his thumb" Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rashad Evans on Jon Jones: "There's nothing wrong with his thumb" Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Rashad Evans on Jon Jones: "There's nothing wrong with his thumb"

Fasili
    Fasili
    UFA Orange Belt 1stripe
    UFA Orange Belt 1stripe

Cash $ : 1000

Rashad Evans on Jon Jones: "There's nothing wrong with his thumb" Empty Rashad Evans on Jon Jones: "There's nothing wrong with his thumb"

Post by Fasili Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 am

Jon Jones canceled his planned title defense against former training partner/new rival Rashad Evans to undergo surgery on a nagging hand injury, but recently announced that surgery will no longer be necessary and that he's looking to get back into the cage before year's end.
    Having agreed to face Phil Davis in a non-title fight when it was still assumed Jones would be out of action for some time, Rashad Evans did not mince words when giving MMAJunkie.com his opinion on Jones and his hand injury.

"Jon doesn't need surgery," said Evans. "He did not need the surgery. No doctor will operate on him. They say he doesn't need it."

"Suga" believes that Jones -- with whom he shared some tense words and moments during the recently held UFC fighter summit -- used the surgery as a way of essentially ducking him for the time being and even goes so far as accusing "Bones" of full on making the whole thing up.

"It's obvious he doesn't want to fight," he said. "Because if you don't need surgery and you're not going to have it, then why tell the UFC that you're going to have surgery and not have it? So pretty much what it comes down to is this guy faked a surgery. He's not fighting me. But he's so confident. He's saying he's going to destroy me and he's Jon Jones the great, but yet he doesn't even need surgery –- or he's not going to have it."

Evans scoffs at what he sees are publicly-made indiscretions in Jones' story, indiscretions which he sees as not only indications of Jones' true character, but also as pointing to the truth of the situation: Jones isn't hurt, he just doesn't want to step into the cage opposite his old Greg Jackson teammate.

"I'm the kind of person that if there's going to be a story out, and it's going to say something happened, then I'm going to tell the truth about the whole situation," said Evans. "I'm not going to lie about it to make myself look better. I'm going to say what happened, and that's what happened. But the truth of the matter is there's nothing wrong with his thumb."

Before Evans can settle his beef with Jones, he must get past another bright up-and-comer in Phil Davis, whom he meets in the cage at UFC 133 this August 6 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Coppied and pasted lol.
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Rashad Evans on Jon Jones: "There's nothing wrong with his thumb" Empty Re: Rashad Evans on Jon Jones: "There's nothing wrong with his thumb"

Post by Dist205 Mon May 16, 2011 3:11 am

Agreed! Same thing I said in another post.

He giggled in the video saying he's still fighting Rashad, but it does seem like he's not trying to fight Suga right away.

They better not let Rampage get the title shot. He's next in line though!
    Fasili
    Fasili
    UFA Orange Belt 1stripe
    UFA Orange Belt 1stripe

Rashad Evans on Jon Jones: "There's nothing wrong with his thumb" Empty Re: Rashad Evans on Jon Jones: "There's nothing wrong with his thumb"

Post by Fasili Mon May 16, 2011 3:27 am

Ohh lol, sorry dist, didn't see your post. I don't wanna see Jones fight Rampage TBH, I'd much rather see Machida fight Jones, that's a fight I'll be looking forward to.
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Dist205 Mon May 16, 2011 4:24 am

nah not the post, i was talkin bout him fakin the injury. I wanna see machida fight him too.
    Fasili
    Fasili
    UFA Orange Belt 1stripe
    UFA Orange Belt 1stripe

Post by Fasili Mon May 16, 2011 4:30 am

I don't know if he faked the injury, but it does seem a bit sus that he said he was going for surgey, then decided not to.
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Cash $ : 1879

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Messiah2dgod Mon May 16, 2011 10:49 am

because if he had the surgery it would make his hand weaker, they would be taking out a tendon to replace another one, he cant recover from that, he would be a tendon short in his hand and u dont grow them off of tress u know
    Fasili
    Fasili
    UFA Orange Belt 1stripe
    UFA Orange Belt 1stripe

Post by Fasili Mon May 16, 2011 9:05 pm

If he completely tore the ligament in half, you'll need surgery, they don't stick themselves back together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:26 am