Ultimate Fighting Association

cung le vs anderson silva "not happening this year" Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

cung le vs anderson silva "not happening this year" Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

cung le vs anderson silva "not happening this year"

Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Cash $ : 1879

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

cung le vs anderson silva "not happening this year" Empty cung le vs anderson silva "not happening this year"

Post by Messiah2dgod Tue May 03, 2011 11:35 pm

When you’re three weeks away from being 39 years old and having no problem getting work in the pictures, the incentive to fight loses something -- even if you’re 7-1 in mixed martial arts and every fight ended in a KO.

Cung Le knows the feeling. The erstwhile Sanshou kickboxer-cum-mixed martial artist has five movies coming out in the next year -- the biggest a Universal Pictures movie called "The Man With the Iron Fists", which stars Russell Crowe with a screenplay by Eli Roth and hip hop artist RZA. At this point, as a burgeoning Hollywood commodity, Le isn’t exactly sure if and when he’ll fight again.

But the fact that his name has been dangled about for a fight against current UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva can’t help but raise his eyebrows just a little.

“I’m just honored to be brought up for the fight,” he said after UFC 129 at the Rogers Centre. “Anderson Silva is pound-for-pound the best fighter out there. I’m just honored, and I don’t know what else to say. For it to happen, just like Jerry Maguire said, ‘show me the money.’”

A Silva bout is far-fetched right now, but another fight in general for the one-time Strikeforce 185-pound titleholder isn’t. Not exactly, anyway. Le says for him to continue fighting it would have “to be soon because the clock is ticking.” Yet when asked if that means it would happen in 2011 he says, “that would be impossible” due to his demanding work load.

“I’m doing well right now being in the films,” Le said. “A lot of people are telling me, 'you should just retire, you’re not going to fight.' Other people are saying 'you got to fight.' You can’t make everybody happy.”

If not Silva, you can see Le fight on the big screen in "The Man with the Iron Fists" later this year.

“Just to see Russell Crowe work was amazing, and just to be a big part of the film was amazing,” Le said. “I think I had the third most working days out of the whole cast, and then I got to kill like 20 people. I feel blessed.”
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

cung le vs anderson silva "not happening this year" Empty Re: cung le vs anderson silva "not happening this year"

Post by Dist205 Tue May 03, 2011 11:58 pm

This merger stuff is a mma fans dream. Even talking about possible match ups is enticing
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

cung le vs anderson silva "not happening this year" Empty Re: cung le vs anderson silva "not happening this year"

Post by Messiah2dgod Wed May 04, 2011 1:23 am

i know i wish le was more in the fighting move ever since mma has hit mainstream it feels like fighters are doing other outlets couture does movies, le was in the tekken movie, carrano was in command and conquer 3 she is in a movie as well, i can understand couture and le since they both are up in age but idk whats up with the other outlets more money, brand exposure?
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Dist205 Wed May 04, 2011 1:27 am

I saw Cung Le in Pandurum before i ever saw him fight, so go figure. Movies might be bigger for him.
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Messiah2dgod Wed May 04, 2011 1:36 am

i saw cung le vs shonie carter when strikeforce was strictly k1
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Dist205 Wed May 04, 2011 1:42 am

my first was him vs scott smith the first one

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:34 am