Ultimate Fighting Association

Phil Davis Taking Time Off to Recover, Improve for Next UFC Fight Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phil Davis Taking Time Off to Recover, Improve for Next UFC Fight Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Davis Taking Time Off to Recover, Improve for Next UFC Fight

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Phil Davis Taking Time Off to Recover, Improve for Next UFC Fight Empty Phil Davis Taking Time Off to Recover, Improve for Next UFC Fight

Post by Dist205 Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:04 pm

After stepping in on short-notice and beating Antonio Rogerio Nogueira last month at UFC Fight Night 24, light heavyweight contender Phil Davis is taking time off to recover from injuries and improve on his latest victory, but plans to return to the Octagon by the end of the year.

“I really want to make some huge gains inside the gym before I step back in,” Davis told MMAjunkie. “I’m ready to take one step back. I’ve got three steps ahead of me. I’ve got one step back, then two forward.”

Though Davis didn’t disclose his injuries, they weren’t serious enough to stop him from recently training with welterweight contender Jake Shields, who challenges champion Jake Shields later this month at UFC 129.

Davis has yet to finalize his return to the cage as he continues to recover from the win, which improved the Division I wrestling champ to 5-0 in the UFC and 9-0 overall.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:06 pm