Ultimate Fighting Association

BAMMA 5  February 26th in Manchester, England Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BAMMA 5  February 26th in Manchester, England Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

BAMMA 5 February 26th in Manchester, England

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

BAMMA 5  February 26th in Manchester, England Empty BAMMA 5 February 26th in Manchester, England

Post by Dist205 Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:22 pm

"I see no problem with either of the opponents, so for me it’s two belts. Beating Shirai means Diaz is already dead. His expiry date is up as soon as Shirai is out of the way (...) I think his boxing is phenomenal. He’s a great striker and he’s a guy that comes to fight. Although he’s fought a lot of guys standing up, he’s not fought me (...) I don’t believe there’s a middleweight fighter that can get hit by me and not be in serious trouble."

“Nick Diaz isn’t going to go toe to toe with me. More like my fist and his head landing at my toe, none of this toe to toe business - For more from Daley on Diaz and Shirai, visit MMAWeekly.com

Daley (26-9-2) made his Strikeforce debut this past December, knocking out Scott Smith in dramatic fashion just over two minutes into the opening round. Although the impressive victory earned him a shot at Welterweight Champion Nick Diaz, "Semtex" decided to delay the match-up in favor of fighting Yuya Shirai at BAMMA 5. Its a decision that, according to Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker (via Sherdog.com), could cost him the title shot.

"If (Paul Daley) loses, the deck’s going to get reshuffled, and if he wins, then he’ll be the first in line to get the title shot."

The British Association of Mixed Martial Arts' BAMMA 5 event is set for February 26th from the MEN Arena in Manchester, England. The promotion's vacant Welterweight title will be up for grabs as Paul Daley and Yuya Shirai go head to head in the main event. In the co-main event of BAMMA 5, former UFC Heavyweight champion Ricco Rodriguez faces TUF 10 vet James McSweeney in a Heavyweight match-up.

Don't miss your opportunity to order BAMMA5 for Half Price

The British Association of Mixed Martial Arts (BAMMA) is excited to announce an exclusive three day Early Bird discount for the International Live Streaming/ PPV for BAMMA 5.

Offer lasts:

• Tuesday 22nd February
    • Wednesday 23rd February
    • Thursday 24th February

"Everyone is talking about BAMMA 5 – with the UK coming out in force to support KO King Paul Daley in his bid for the BAMMA Welterweight title," said Vice President of Business Development, Liam Fisher. "As an organization, we’re really committed to showcasing the best MMA fights to our International fans and that’s why we’ve set up BAMMATV.com. This three day early bird discount code means our International fans can buy these three fights for half price – meaning there's really no excuse to miss out on the action."

The standard PPV will be priced at:

• $10 for the live broadcast
    • $5 for a repeat screening via On-Demand
    • $12 for the live streaming plus unlimited on-demand for 7 days after the event

The ‘Early Bird’ discount will give access to all the PPV options for half price.

While there’s still time visit: www.bammatv.com/ earlybird and enter the code "BAMMA5" to access to all PPV options at half price.

Lucas-JiuJitsu
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes

Cash $ : 1000

BAMMA 5  February 26th in Manchester, England Empty Re: BAMMA 5 February 26th in Manchester, England

Post by Lucas-JiuJitsu Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Diaz FTW !!!
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

BAMMA 5  February 26th in Manchester, England Empty Re: BAMMA 5 February 26th in Manchester, England

Post by Dist205 Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:18 am

Is this worth getting?? :scratch:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:04 am

Will watch on youtube. I hope Daley knocks some teeth out.
    LonePerson
    LonePerson
    UFA Yellow Belt 1stripe
    UFA Yellow Belt 1stripe

Cash $ : 1000

Post by LonePerson Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:41 am

Diaz will submit him rather easily
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:44 am

Knowing Diaz he will stand with Daley unless Daley shoots in on him 0% chance tho
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Dist205 Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:27 am

Beatdown214 wrote:Will watch on youtube. I hope Daley knocks some teeth out.

I'm wit that!!
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Dist205 Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Strikeforce welterweight and former UFC competitor Paul Daley failed to make weight for his one-off fight against Yuya Shirai at BAMMA 5 tomorrow night.

Daley came in at 170.4 lbs forcing his BAMMA welterweight championship bout against Shirai to be switched to a three round non-title bout.

Former UFC heavyweight champion Ricco Rodriguez also failed to make weight, coming in at 217 lbs for his 215 lbs catch weight bout against former UFC fighter James McSweeney.

MMAWeekly reports that the weight issues may have been the result of the fighter’s hotel turning off their sauna, forcing many of the fighters to find new venues to continue their weight cutting.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

How is 170.4 not making weight?? I thought they get a pound over, or is that just UFC stuff?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:25 am

Fucking hotels.
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Dist205 Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:36 am

yeah ridiculous

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:36 pm