Ultimate Fighting Association

Diego Sanchez Staying at Welterweight, Drops “Nightmare” Nickname  Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Diego Sanchez Staying at Welterweight, Drops “Nightmare” Nickname  Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Mario
RajisBoss123
Dist205
7 posters

Diego Sanchez Staying at Welterweight, Drops “Nightmare” Nickname

Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Diego Sanchez Staying at Welterweight, Drops “Nightmare” Nickname  Empty Diego Sanchez Staying at Welterweight, Drops “Nightmare” Nickname

Post by Dist205 Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Please do not refer to UFC welterweight contender Diego Sanchez as “The Nightmare” any longer.

According to the Ultimate Fighter Season One winner, there is no more need for the “Nightmare”-moniker or any other nickname for that matter.

“I let that go. I let the ‘Nightmare’ go. To me, I see some negative in it. A nightmare is something that is negative and kind of evil. I don’t want to represent that. I want to represent positivity and good,” Sanchez said during a Tuesday teleconference (via MMA Fighting).

“I look back on my career. The ‘Nightmare’? The nightmare was myself. All the times I fell off track and got into drinking, got into smoking weed, the things that brought me down, the partying. That was my nightmare. I was my own nightmare. I’m grown up. I’m going to let that name go. I just want to be Diego Sanchez. I don’t even need a nickname. I’m me.”

Sanchez stated that he is between 187-190 lbs leading into his main event bout against Martin Kampmann at UFC on Versus 3 on March 3.

Both men are looking to rise to the top and eventually challenge for the welterweight title. Sanchez states that his future will not include a return to the lightweight division.

“The options are closed for me to ever go down to 155 again.”

RajisBoss123
    RajisBoss123
    UFA Master Orange Belt
    UFA Master Orange Belt

Cash $ : 2595

Diego Sanchez Staying at Welterweight, Drops “Nightmare” Nickname  Empty Re: Diego Sanchez Staying at Welterweight, Drops “Nightmare” Nickname

Post by RajisBoss123 Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:51 pm

NO ONE FUCKING CARES DIST .. stop making these stupid posts ,...lol jk.. come on though did you really need to post this
    Mario
    Mario
    "The Next Big Thing"
    Diego Sanchez Staying at Welterweight, Drops “Nightmare” Nickname  110

Cash $ : 1000

Diego Sanchez Staying at Welterweight, Drops “Nightmare” Nickname  Empty Re: Diego Sanchez Staying at Welterweight, Drops “Nightmare” Nickname

Post by Mario Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:02 pm

LOL guys dont troll ANY posts please .. it might be interesting to DIST, but not to you .. U do your thing Dist, post away.

War Lesnar
    RajisBoss123
    RajisBoss123
    UFA Master Orange Belt
    UFA Master Orange Belt

Cash $ : 2595

Post by RajisBoss123 Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:06 pm

WAR LESNAR / yeah right lol
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes

Post by Lucas-JiuJitsu Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:09 pm

yeah let him post this might not be soo interesting but he always bring something good
    Fasili
    Fasili
    UFA Orange Belt 1stripe
    UFA Orange Belt 1stripe

Post by Fasili Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:36 pm

War Cain!!!! Fuck Lesnar!
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    Lucas-JiuJitsu
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes
    UFA Black Belt 2stripes

Post by Lucas-JiuJitsu Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:41 pm

War Rua !!!
    WarCraved1115
    WarCraved1115
    UFA Black Belt 1stripe
    UFA Black Belt 1stripe

Post by WarCraved1115 Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:03 pm

War Jones!
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Cash $ : 1879

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Messiah2dgod Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:42 pm

good post dist i was kind of wondering if he would drop the nickname
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

Post by Dist205 Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:31 pm

Stop hating Raj!! I post so we can discuss topics. Instead of talking to someone else about it on another site, I bring the topic here so WE can discuss it.
    WarCraved1115
    WarCraved1115
    UFA Black Belt 1stripe
    UFA Black Belt 1stripe

Post by WarCraved1115 Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:35 pm

ya idk about raj, but i didnt know this stuff before. Thanks, and nice posts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:17 pm