Ultimate Fighting Association

UFC 140 Main Event (it might be a good one) Log10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UFC 140 Main Event (it might be a good one) Log10

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

UFC 140 Main Event (it might be a good one)

Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Cash $ : 1879

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

UFC 140 Main Event (it might be a good one) Empty UFC 140 Main Event (it might be a good one)

Post by Messiah2dgod Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:23 pm

HOUSTON -- Get ready for the grudge match.

The UFC is targeting December's UFC 140 for the long-awaited Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans light-heavyweight title bout, MMA Fighting has learned from sources with knowledge of the situation.

The fight is not yet official, but appears likely to be announced within the next 24-48 hours. UFC president Dana White told MMA Fighting that he could not yet announce a UFC 140 main event, but might possibly be able to do so by the end of the day.

Before that can happen, at least one hurdle must be overcome. Evans has to be cleared from a hand injury suffered in his recent UFC 133 win over Tito Ortiz. That injury required pins to be inserted into his hands, but Evans' coach Mike Van Arsdale told MMA Fighting that he was scheduled to visit the doctor on Wednesday and expected Evans to be cleared.

Van Arsdale told MMA Fighting he had no knowledge of the rumored December date, but said a clean bill of health would make Evans' participation in a Dec. 10 fight feasible.

"I think if they give us any date, I can get him ready to beat Jon," he said. "I'm not overly concerned about Jon like everyone else is. My fighter has the ability, tools and the determination to beat him. As long as he's healthy, and I have eight or nine weeks with him -- and it's right around that right now, that's all I need."

Jones, meanwhile, is coming off his fourth-round submission win over Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 135 just two weeks ago. A bout at UFC 140 would mark a quick turnaround for the 24-year-old.

If UFC officials could navigate these issues, Jones and Evans will finally bring their long-held grudge to the octagon. The two were infamously once teammates at the Greg Jackson camp in New Mexico before parting ways earlier in 2011.

UFC 140 will take place in Toronto's Air Canada Centre. It will be the promotion's first time back since its massive Rogers Centre spectacle set records by drawing over 55,000 fans and an $11 million gate.
    Dist205
    Dist205
    UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

UFC 140 Main Event (it might be a good one) Empty Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans Not Happening at UFC 140

Post by Dist205 Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:25 pm

A grudge match between UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and former teammate Rashad Evans is unlikely to take place until 2012 after UFC President Dana White denied reports on Wednesday that the fight was in the works for UFC 140 in December while Evans continues to recover from hand surgery following his August win over Tito Ortiz.

Jones (14-1) defended his title for the first time with a fourth-round submission of former champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson at UFC 135 on Sept. 24 and Evans joined him in the Octagon to be announced as his next challenger, but the UFC is waiting for Evans to recover before setting a date for their matchup.

White said at Wednesday’s UFC 136 press conference that the main event is not yet set for UFC 140, with the card already featuring Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir and Tito Ortiz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
    Messiah2dgod
    Messiah2dgod
    UFA Master Purple Belt
    UFA Master Purple Belt

Cash $ : 1879

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:

UFC 140 Main Event (it might be a good one) Empty Re: UFC 140 Main Event (it might be a good one)

Post by Messiah2dgod Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:46 pm

ya i posted this b4 dana made that statement

Sponsored content

UFC 140 Main Event (it might be a good one) Empty Re: UFC 140 Main Event (it might be a good one)

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:45 pm