UFA Sensei
    UFA Sensei

Cash $ : 2418

Extended Profile
    UFA Record:
    UFC Undisputed 3 Online Record:

Jon Jones apologizes for "screwing up" with DUI

Post by Dist205 on Tue May 22, 2012 4:52 am

UFC Light Heavyweight champion, Jones "Bones" Jones, has released his first public statement following last weekend's DUI (driving under influence) accident with his 2012 Bentley Continental.

Speaking via Facebook, Jones apoogized for the incident, but also took the opportunity to hit back at "fickle MMA fans":

"Man I haven't added anyone new to my Facebook page in like three years and right now I'm so glad that I haven't. It has literally been sickening to have so many people try to kick me while I'm down. At the same time, I totally understand, I gave them the leeway to. I screwed up, big time. Just needed to say thank you to all you guys for being amazing friends/supporters.

Always having to deal with so many critics, haters and fickle mma fans, I almost forgot how strong of a home base I had (607 and people that knew me before I was a champion fighter). Although the hell that will come with this hasn't even started yet, I want you guys to know how much better you've all made me feel, not only about this situation but about life, everything. It's good to feel that people are there and care. With that being said, I felt I should apologize to you first.

I'm truly sorry to those of you that I may have embarrassed in any way, to those of you with kids that I may have let down. I will prove to them as well as to myself, that no matter what is happening in life, we can always work our way back and make things even better than before. Reading you guys uplifting comments was a great reminder for me to not give up on who I am or all the hateful people. I'm not gonna allow this situation to outweigh the positive. I love you guys right back and I promise to make things right.

ps sorry about the terrible grammar smile"

The twenty-four year old champ has already defended his title three times, and is widely considered as one of the top Pound-for-Pound fighters on the panet. Jon Jones' next title defense will be against Dan Henderson, most likely at September 1st UFC 151 fight card in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:46 am